Accept Your Body and Become Your Best Self Yet
“You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
– Louise Hay
Welcome! I’m Teresa, the founder and coach behind My Best Self Yet. I’m on a mission to get all women to accept themselves as they are because that’s when the magic happens!
I create safe havens for women to talk body, food, acceptance, and dreams! I’ll empower you to improve your relationship with yourself so that you will create the abundant life you’ve been waiting to live!
Which one of these sounds like you today?
- I am a middle-aged woman who is struggling to come to terms with my changing body.
- I am waiting to live my life until I reach a certain weight.
- I am avoiding social situations – class reunions, dinner out with friends, etc – because of my body.
- I am tired of putting all my energy into counting calories, points, or carbs.
- I am tired of playing small or staying safe because of my size.
- I am exhausted from all the years of dieting.
- My relationship with my spouse/partner is lacking because I am anxious about my size.
Which one of these do you want to feel?
- I am a middle-aged woman who has come to terms with my changing body!
- I am living my life, regardless of my weight!
- I am attending social events I want to, regardless of my body size!
- I am excited to focus my energy on people and things I love vs. calories, points or carbs!
- I am playing large and having fun, no matter my size!
- I am free from the diet train (thank goodness)!
- I am growing and nurturing my relationship with my spouse/partner!
Chasing after someone else’s defintion of beauty is exhausting! Comparing yourself to everyone around you is stealing your joy. You don’t need anyone else’s secret sauce. You have your own.
Getting in touch with your body and accepting it as it is will not only heal your relationship with your body and yourself, it will improve your relationships in general. It will allow you to show up authentically and live in the moment. You will no longer be held back by your size. You will measure success by your own standards. And never look back. You may even throw out the scale. For good!
The world deserves to know you. You don’t have to wait until you have things fully defined to start being your best self yet. You don’t have to wait until “if only…” to start living your best life yet!
Let’s start working together to define what your best self yet looks like and a plan to start making that happen NOW. There is no better time than now to start.
It’s been quiet in this space of my blog – I published the last one over 10 months ago in December 2021. Most likely, whatever “audience” or “following” I may have had here up to that point, has faded or vanished altogether. My old self would have beaten me up inside for that lack ofContinue reading “What’s tugging at your heart?”
Everyone has their own set of rules for their life. And each person’s rules become their standards. We rarely question these rules and standards. Yet, did you know that most likely, your rules and standards were created at an early age? Most likely, if you struggle with body image today, you have a distinct memoryContinue reading “It’s Time for Some New Rules”
This week, I’m learning a heck of A LOT about my own anxiety. I really didn’t realize how bad mine was until a dear friend of mine told me about the Daring to Lead podcast with Brene Brown and Amy Cuddy last week. I listened to it and highly recommended if you haven’t listened andContinue reading “It’s absolutely time to throw out the running shoes and stay put!”